We all like to be appreciated, don’t we? When people like our posts and pages and some take the time to comment it makes all of the hard work worth it.
To be nominated for a blog award, by a fellow blogger is even more special. Boeta and his mum and dad, who blog at ourrumblingocean.wordpress.com have recently done just that for me. So, it’s a MASSIVE THANKYOU to them. Why not use the link to check out their fantastic blog.
Accepting this award involves completing four things.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the logo to the post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and tell the nominees on their sites.
So, that’s one and two done. Now to share seven facts with you. Some of you will know me better than others…so what do I share?
- I once had a fire in my kitchen, making candles. It made me appreciate the dangers of candle making. I’d like to have another go sometime, but without the fire in the kitchen.
- I love to loom knit. I have made numerous hats, scarves, snoods, bags and am attempting to knit myself a waistcoat.
- I played clarinet at school. I still have it and occasionally get it out of the box and have a go at Ravel’s Bolero. I learnt it by heart and can still remember how to finger it. It’s just now I can’t remember what the notes are.
- I used to belong to a rambling and hiking group. We’d do an average of 20 to 25 miles every Sunday. I used to love climbing hills and was quite competitive. I had to be one of the first up the hill, if not the first.
- I love spiders. They are more than welcome in our house and anyone harms one in my presence, at their peril. I pick them up and love to feel them tickle my hand as they run over it.
- I also love mice and rats. I know…I’m weird. I spent about ten minutes, last night watching four mice race around our yard. They were feasting on the bird seed and running up and down a cable leading to my Buddha water feature. They have a nest at the back of our garden shed. It thrills me to know that our miniscule yard is supporting wildlife.
- I love to watch The Walking Dead. It’s so addictive. Everything stops for The Walking Dead.
And now to the best bit. Here are my nominations for One Lovely Blog Award.
There’s a lot of good writing in these blogs and they’re well worth a visit.
So, that’s it. Now all I have to do it spread the good news to my nominees on their blogs.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your Wednesday night.
Until the next time.